This is my sister Sarah. I made her sit in the lounge and 'look stern, now turn slightly the the left, tilt your head down a bit, blah blah blah' until I'd taken masses of photos, where she just looked scared and confused in them all.
Took me hoooooours (3) to colour in on Photoshop, and it's still not great but ehhh I'm still learning. Drew in pencil, grey watersoluble ink and black paint (and white gel pen for fixing the hair ><) first and then took a picture of it and coloured it in using graphics tablet in Photoshop.
I know, she's soooooo pretty. Our whole family is unsure how a bunch of green eyed, dishwater-blonde hobbits ended up sharing the same genes as my blue eyed elf of a sister. She's also so sweet and clever and gets me like no one else. I definitely don't deserve having her for my best friend but I'm damn lucky I do :)
A few things about the picture I haven't finished yet (Why is there so much black space left? What happened to the right shoulder? etc etc) and really have no explanation for. Hmmm...artistic license?
Have spent all day walking round Manchester with some of the crew in pursuit of nothing much. Came home to find my beautiful laptop dead and nearly cried, until I realised I'd just left it on all day unplugged and it was out of battery. Still needed a cup of tea to recover.
Digitfest was great, was lovely to meet other artists on different courses around the area and had a generally FAB TIME at the weekend events ^^ but now it's over, so I'm back to entertaining myself with drawing, cooking and E4 reruns all day. Not bored so far, so alls well. Till next time then :)


Artistic license is what separates us from machines.
ReplyDeleteIt looks great. Lovely to see the progression. Its something I miss from uni/college - seeing other people's work progress!
Cat x