Friday, 8 July 2011

'A Page Of Pure Nothingness' (or just 'doodling'...which was bound to appear at some point.)


I realised I've never posted one of these...doodley...page things on this blog, so here is the most recent one :)
Summer 2008, when I was 16, was quite spectacularly dull (though not much has changed, I'm still a bit of a hermit when not distracted by school/university/reality... it's amazing how quickly you forget your social skills when you're not expecting to use them, and I wasn't so well equipped with any in the first place -.-) and I decided to scan in a sketchbook full to the finish (about 120 pages) with this sort of babble for my then online portfolio - my deviantart site - which I'd kept as a sort of visual diary for the past year and a bit.  Slightly smaller than A5 pages, but it still took foreverrrrr.  Anyway, the pages looked something like mini versions of this.

The words are just lyrics of what I was listening to at the time.  I've been told if I plan to cultivate this confusing, doodley style as an art form, I'm going to have be LESS confusing by using words that mean something.
Like maybe come up with my own words, or not include words at all just pictures, or something.  Also used more refined equipment >< which has put me right off this sort of thing for the past year.  But I recently realised I'd forgotten the sheer enjoyment of just putting on my headphones, getting a biro and sheet of paper and just letting my mind go.  Probably why it looks so chaotic.
Though I think if I could turn it into something that made sense, it might look better.  So I'm musing over either a) collaborating with a poet/musician so I can use their lyrics or b) making my own (unlikely to be successful). c) other..?

Lyrics used (I always did this on my deviantart site, so may as well ^^): Taking Back Sunday, Joan Boaz, Robyn, The Veronicas, Laura Marling, Keri Hilson, Pendulum.



Oh, and I like spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment