You know, I actually have no idea what sort of bird this is -.- I drew it ages ago and, once it was accidentally ripped out of my sketchbook, have been using it as a bookmark. Damn leaving my 'Book of British Birds' in halls! But nevermind. It got caught in the accidental flood of black coffee in my room this morning. Looked alright when it dried though, so I used white gel pen for the white feathers that were lost and decided to Photoshop for funnnnnnn
Went to the Magritte exhibition on Saturday. Fellow students, book online 'cause theres a discount. It was awesomeeeee, we weren't allowed to take pictures so I'll just put a couple of my favourites which were included.
I've read both good reviews (The Sunday Times) and quite negative reviews (Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/8601525/Rene-Magritte-The-Pleasure-Principle-Tate-Liverpool-review.html), but I'm sure most would agree there was so many pieces of his collected there, of a great variety and it's so worth going
I think Magritte's work is beautiful, but also so open to interpretation. I'm still not sure how to put my own interpretation into words, so I'll not try now ><
I also noticed my habit of drawing birds is probably something I've picked up from him. Which is nice.

Glad you enjoyed the exhibition :) It does seem to be going down well (I work at Tate)
ReplyDeleteoh wow you're kidding :D that's cool aha,i bet you're enjoying it too?
ReplyDelete