Friday, 9 December 2011

All That Falls: AZ


These are for the 'artist book' project.  I had a hellish time when the version I hoped to make was lost >< after a day or two of searching I accepted that, to make the deadline, I'd have to start from scratch.  But luckily I love what I do, and it's all finished now (I hope, the tricky part starts tomorrow o.O)
We had to make a series of illustrations in book form...so pretty much a picture book (not neccessarily for children haha).  It could be anything, only condition we were given was an allocated title each, and it had to be fairly cheap to reproduce.  And to prove that we have to then make 10 copies of the book for hopefully about £20 -.- 
My title was 'All That Falls', so my book is A-Z of things that literally, figuratively and (in the case of more difficult letters like X or Z...) sort of, fall.  So to speak ^^
It's all long and connected because it's going to be a two sided concertina book,13 pages either side, that you fold out :\ when I have it all printed and such,it might be easier to explain?  The idea was that it would 'fall' open when you opened it.  Depending on whether or not I feel like spending another decade colouring them in, I'll probably attempt that tomorrow at a print shop.

Christmas is always a bit busier, and it was a terrible idea to embark on Mirror's Edge on Dave's Xbox with deadlines looming.  Buuuuuut eh well, all good here apart from the horrendous weather, imminent deadlines and lack of funds, blah blah blah poor me us students have it hard etc.  Really looking forward to heading home for chill time, working coffee makers (really not fun relying on manual filters) and seeing the cat again.


No comments:

Post a Comment