Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Design Packaging Brief, Quaker Oats



Last illustration degree brief of the year!  Soooo close to the end. Deadline day is the 4th of May, which is next Friday, which is also my 20th birthday :D I'll wake up in the morning, haul ass to the studio and hand everything in. And then will spend all weekend being un-busy and calm as a calm thing. But that day is not yet this day. Still spending days at Studio Liddell, and by night I attempt to be social, do housework (yeah really -.-) and keep uni work up to date. Everything in between is trains.  So many trains o.O

For this project, we had to go to a supermarket, find a product for £1 and redesign it.  I firstly chose Maxwell House brand instant coffee, but found it so boring I switched to Quaker Oats oatmeal pots, which actually was really fun XD



All I did was redesign the little oil painted Quaker Oats man, and try and make the pot look like his head :3
The idea was that it looks like people are eating instant oatmeal out of his hat ^^ but 'cause the pot is so deep, and porridge looks a bit like liquified brain anyway (yummyyyyy), it's more like eating oatmeal out of his skull B-) awh yeah
Also thanks to David for his ingenious poses on webcam XD
I thought this afternoon I'd make several colour palettes, or even a variety of faces, for different flavours, but I've got no further with that. Spent the remainder of my Wednesday night watching tv with Jon (watching Jon watch South Park is deffs the funniest I've seen all day! So much giggling) and drinking soy milk from the carton. Up and at em for 7am, joyyyyy more trains.
All in all though, things are good. Still a bit tired, and nervous about extreme portfolio organization week (and last weekend of being teenager ever) but am very much alive and well XD

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh i love love the design!!!
    i think it's really awesome <3

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello All,
    Nice pictures, Packaging Design Brief are a not a traditional template, whereby you replace text and create a finished document. It is designed to provoke though and assist you in creating compelling packaging. Thanks....
    Design Packaging

    ReplyDelete