Men with tattoos in portraits are a great idea because:
It's a picture within a picture :3 fancyyyy
It forces me to alter the style of mark-making to incorporate someone else's art.
Gives me something else to think about instead of fretting over 'capturing a person's character'.
Helps if they're hot ofc ^^
I was waiting to get to Preston go to see The Dark Knight Rises (baaaaaah so awesomes) and all I had for entertainment was an exhausted issue of Rock Sound magazine, and biro and my sketchbook. Was inevitable I'd cajole myself into embarking on a project I probably wouldn't finish, and start drawing someone's face.
However, I DID finish this one! SO there he is in all his glory, Austin Carlile ♥
Ideally I would've posted this in a day or two, even though I scanned it in this afternoon (finished this morning, before work), because right now I should be asleep so I can be fully awake at a ridiculous-ish time in the morning. But I really can't sleep, so I'm here instead. For this I blame the sunny cafe venture with Becky (the wonderful production assistant at Studio Liddell). I suppose I was very used to drinking espresso a few months ago, but tbh I haven't had any in weeks and weeks, being a filter buyer. I suddenly see where my ability to concentrate comes from >< am a bit sad that I'm apparently dependant on espresso -.-
ANYWAY I can't sleep now because I'm jacked on caffeine.
Also, I've been meaning to post some pictures of Singapore (where my dad, mum, sister Sarah and I went to stay with my lovely Aunt Nancy and Uncle Henry beginning of July), Brunei (which we visited to see the place of where Sarah and I were born) and Kuching (which we visited on our way back because we wanted to see it and, sadly, it's unlikely we'll be all the way over there again soon). But I took about 750-800 photos over the fortnight we were away, and they're still being organized o.O
My family have been planning this trip for years, and it was amazing. Words can't describe!
But I'll put a few up because I can't wait/I won't be tired again for a while -.- enjoy! More soon.
The view from Henry and Nancy's home in Singapore.
Singapore
Mum, Henry and Nancy in Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Singapore
Flight to Brunei!
Sarah outside the first apartment I ever lived in (but not Sarah; it was before she was born ^^)
Me, Mum, Dad and Sibling in Ang's, Brunei.
Kampong Ayer, or 'the Water Village' in Brunei.
Empire Hotel Beach, Brunei (as if we could stay there -.- we just looked at the grounds haha)
Orangutan! I got loads more, but this is one of the better ones I'm loaded so far).
Kuching, Sarawak.
Damai Beach, Kuching.
Fam in Singapore
The End :)





No comments:
Post a Comment