Project 'Play' has been given up. After getting increasingly edgy about it, I think a change is just what I need to re-engageeeeee. Have felt lacking for time and energy to think about self-initiated work - can see why full time work hours and full time student-hood should NOT mix!
Consulted the summer brief again. We can pick any word off the list we were given, and this time the work 'inspired' stuck out for me. 'Motivation' also duly noted, but it's definitely inspiration thats my problem at the moment XD
In light of this new switch, it's no big problem as I'll use all the 'play' work so far for 'inspired' still. And can use my last portrait and the Don't Panic! poster entry here too :)
So I decided to do another portrait for this, and why not a person who inspires me constantly? My mother.
Fineliner portrait, coloured digitally!
This was taken from one of my favourite photos, which has Sarah and I in as well when we were about 10. I think maybe went a bit over le top with the orange hues, but what the hellllll.
BECAUSEEEE
She always talks about drawing with me without making me feel patronized or idealistic or stupid. She gives me ideas that I tend to disregard at the time, and then usually return to later! I've seen her paint once in my whole life and it turned out gorgeous, but she claims she's never had a talent for art. She gives me honest and sometimes harsh criticism about a piece of work, even when she knows I'm digging for compliments -.- I don't even I've ever managed to surprise her in my entire life, which could mean she's constantly bored by my pretty mild hiccups of youthful rebellion. But honestlyyyy I think she just knows me really, really well, well enough to guess how I'm feeling most of the time. She comes up with responses to life's difficult questions that I wish I'd thought of. She grew up living all over the world, and I think that's where she gets a lot of her empathy from.
All that, and the fact that it actually feels alright, and not terribly uncool -.- to type this verrrrry long paragraph about my mum on my art blog. I'm going to go ahead and post it along with the portrait for anyone to read.
Ruth Mills is an inspiration to me :) thanks muv.
Hope you like!
Also, I found out today thaaaaaat Anberlin have done it again. Amazing single, all should listen pls - http://www.anberlin.com/
Deffs sleeping now. Byeeeee



No comments:
Post a Comment