"...he invited the Venetian to sit opposite him and describe, with the help only of the chessmen, the cities he had visited."
- Invisible Cities
Making a chessboard-style set of tiles for my third year work. Have so far finished 'Cities & Signs', 'Cities & Memory', 'Trading Cities' and 'Cities & Eyes', just begun 'Cities & The Sky'. Invisible Cities is the weirdest book, I read it for a university project in second year and decided to pull it off the shelf for this year too :D all plain tiles, now covered in ink and artist fixative.
I think maybe the chemicals in the fixative have addled my brain somewhat recently. I need a better way to seal these -.-
This project is strrrrrrretching out into the horizon now. Am going chapter per tile, and there are 55 tiles :/ but I have quite a bit of time, and I don't neccessary plan on making THAT many. How heavy would that be to transport?? Honestlyyyyy I love this project, wish we could've chosen our own briefs every year XD
All good here. Driving is much more fun than I thought it'd be, though I admit practising emergency stops nearly gave me a panic attack. Dreading theory, because I know I'll be terrible at it :( but luckily, it seems that this October is gig month, so I have plenty to distract me! Of Mice & Men is tomorrow in Manchesterland, Bowling For Soup on the 22nd, and Shinedown on the 29th. Then frugal living for a bit to justify it.
Been doodlingggg when I'm not slaving over floor tiles, or watching nonstop Community episodes (don't judge me. After hearing endless good things about it, Jon brought home the first season and I couldn't help myself. Have now bought the second season already), or procrasinating on Facebook....ohh the glamour of my life.
Have no real reason for this, other than the recent practice of sketching characters in onesies, and a blue statue of a Chinese lion I keep thinking about at the minute. But heyyy I don't have to explain myself to you anyhow ^^
Now to get an early night (midnight is early right?) so I can keep up this awesome new thing I have going called not being ill.
Au revoirrr

No comments:
Post a Comment