Wow, long time no one-sided-conversation/blogging! I no longer frequent Studio Liddell, I'm sad to say. But am enjoying third year being back at university (top picture is my studio space ^^ and below, Rosie in hers). Once again spending time guarding the Falcon with the usual crew (living in rented house with fellow cools Dave, Rosie and Jon again) and plugging on with our personal projects. I feel like, for no reason whatsoever, I picked something that I know will be tonnes of work (and money, spent on ink and floor tiles) for the average result I'm bound to get. But am plugging on anyway! And working from Italo Calvino, one of my favourite authors, 'Invisible Cities' so am pretty into it.
Felt pretty down at first, think just from moving back to Preston after six months living at home. But nothing Jimmy Eat World, distracting self with learning to drive, and the Preston Chinese Buffet couldn't solve ^^
These were commissioned in the past week for Joel Young, resident DJ at University of Southampton Student Union. Onesie themed freshers night poster :D the brief I got consisted of 'black and white', 'cute', 'dancing', 'animal onesies'.
So thats fun. Originally was asked for a series of animal sketches, but the onesie idea took over, it seems. Was fun designing all of them! More projects like this pls.
So that's all non-uni related stuffs for the minute. Eyes closing, about to drift off. And when I get up tomorrow, sibling is visiting from Lancaster University! So must be bright eyes and bushy tailed and so forth for my visitor :) pictures of Invisible Cities Tiles project very soons. Depending on how much I get done ><



No comments:
Post a Comment