Monday, 8 August 2011

My big change of scene,and Four Owls (Bird Drawing 04)



So for once I'm not on my computer at home!  Well, I am on my laptop still, but now in Studio Liddell in Manchester.  I've been bothering them for a work placement since they returned my email last month, and now I'm actually there XD feel verrrry lucky 'cause it's awesome here, they work in TV and advertising and the skill they have here is immenseeeee.  Mainly working on animation, but they've given me a project that involves drawing.  Really looking forward to seeing how I cope >< am waiting to hear more about the styles the client is after now.  Can't believe I'm doing work in the holidays, but will look fab on CV, and I was getting a little tired of being home in the day.  Bring on next term alreadyyyyy
Decided to work more on my owl sketch.  It used to have Anberlin lyrics on the bottom when I finished it last year, from 'Dismantle. Repair.' but I don't know what to add yet, or if I even want to.
Anyway, the top left image is an altered version of the original ink drawing, and the other three are filtered versions of it.  
The real A3 version is still at my grandad's house.  He and his wife Viv have most of my favourite drawings actually XD because my grandad genuinely seems to like my artwork.  They paid me real money to do a painting for their friend's wedding present last week, which went down well.  That went towards my Leeds ticket :)

3 comments:

  1. i love your owl nice rendering

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice composition, i like the colours

    nice work


    see yaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww it always feels good to do the things we love and get paid for that!!!

    the owl is awesome, a little bit like steampunk art really...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete