It's not at all that I don't like doing drawing for my course, especially when it's as open as 'draw anything human, organic or involving structure' (so basically anything ♥).
But thinking about it all too much makes me jittery, and tbh I've felt out of sorts for a while. This weekend I felt like doing completely unrelated crafty things with no point whatsoever :)
Firstly, made-up drawing. Idea taken from when Andrew and I ventured through the gallery in Manchester and saw the most goooorgeous metal sculpture of a ship with a castle on it. I've been trying to find it on Google but like the tool I am, I forgot to check it's name >< I'll find out someday...it was waaaaaay cooler than my drawing, and probably more loyal to the mechanics of a functioning ship. Nevermindddd
Baking counts as creative? At the Quaker House, one of the nice old ladies was giving away baking apples from her garden, and I really don't ever turn down free food. Was considering apple crumble/cake/pie/muffins but in the end I just made applesauce (no eggs or butter :( ).
My rule of thumb: if it's savoury = lots of oregano. If it's sweet = lots of cinnamon. There must be half a spice jar on cinnamon in there ><
Sunday afternoon was just me eating cereal on the sofa in front of 'Porco Rosso', then 'Spirited Away', then randomly 'Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events', with the housemates drifting in and out for various parts of the films. During Spirited, I used leftover enamel paint to ruin this white cappuchino mug with scribbles. Pretty much rounds up my weirdly comforting weekend.
Have been finding myself increasingly obssessed with Eric Fortune's work.
No words ♥ see more here.



No comments:
Post a Comment