Decided to post about Studio Liddell work on my course/personal blog ^^ my original plan tonight was to crawl into bed and sleep at about 9pm, after minimal hours were spent asleep last night. This (admittedlyyyy pretty mudane) plan was foiled, by the band playing outdoors nearby, who are still going. I thought the owl was bad for keeping me up -.- this is worse, we've been tormented by covers of all the 'classics' and shouting people aaall evening. Despite the closed windows :/ but in case you're somehow seeing this, I very much enjoyed the Snow Patrol song I'd forgotten about till now, and thank you for not playing anything by Queen.
Also, you have kept me up drawing, and now doing this blog thing.
It's course related too, honestly. Last month, I bumped into my personal tutors Steve Wilkin and Ali Graney at the train station (where I seem to spend half my life now). Maybe unsurprisingly, the fact that I've disappeared from the talks, lectures or feedback sessions - particularly in the months building up to end of year portfolio prep - came up. I said that the work experience was greatttt and I'm really enjoying it and learning lots and such. They said good, write something on your course blog about it.
Was then struck by how nothing written or official had even been given to uni about my absence, so putting something here would make me feel a bit less of a sneaky, or whateverr. And obvs, so I can record this majorly unexpected and interesting part of my short, mostly uninteresting life for myself :3
Can hear neighbours going to complain about nearby music. Har har har, oh Poynton.
This is all quite hindered by how little I'm permitted to put about my job -.- I spoke briefly to the art director Max about it, and he said, 'don't put anything about the project'. SO
I'm doing part of the illustration and extra bits and pieces for it, and there are other people working on illustrations too and on the animation side of things. And it's going well :) I don't think that jeopardises anything...have also blurred out anything I think might be recognisable as artwork for the project. Pedantic? Maybe. Hush.
About the studio place, I'm apparently okay to write stuff. But tbh there's not much to describe, it's an office with people and computers ^^ but I took some pictures on my phone of my desk space, and I think that'll do. And the cake I had on my birthday XD
Disguised professional illustrators at play :3
I've been there since March and finish in time for third year, which commences in September. It means, for conveniences sake, I'm back in Manchester for the whole summer. Weirdly, this is where I was when I began this blog last year; spending summer juggling personal and uni work with placement at Studio Liddell, or it was maybe a couple of months earlier. Whatever cooooool.
I have a summer brief too, which is just to create 20 pieces of self-initiated work based around a starting point, which you can chose yourself from a provided list. While this is enough to be getting on with, I also have to start thinking about my third year project, and come up with three options about subject matter by September.
All I have on that front is 'going to Brunei will give me ideas again'. And I really need it. So we'll see.
Turns out that in the Hockley Centre, it's someone's 40th. They've started the DJ set >< sibling has gone to sleep in the lounge on the other side of the house. I'm going to think of a way to drown it out somehow. Au revoirrrr





No comments:
Post a Comment