Got this idea from Ryan Morrison, who's quite the origami pro!
I thought I was done with university work as of 4th May, and that I could at last put all energy into surviving full time employment this summer... but as it turns out, we have a pretty extensive project for all the spare time we get in the holidays. For the first couple of weeks, I just ignored it, reeeeeally couldn't work up any enthusiasm for self initiated work as well as Studio Liddell work! But I can feel focus coming, so who knows, I might get it done aha
I'm doing 20 pieces of work to fill my studio space next year, and I'm working from the word 'Play'. Vague right.
I decided to do something unrelated to biro doodling, which is always my first instinct -.- origami is a form of play in art and craft, and after a bit of practice I could make a simple crane by heart.
Chose 'Vogue' because it's such a serious and important fashion magazine, and folding it up so it's a bird with beautiful colours and shapes on it, is a show of having fun and playing with fashion :D kind of...yeahh.
Completed when much too early for work one day. Whenever my fatherrrr who also works in Manchester decides to go work dead early, I give myself a minute...make that an hour...or so to read or draw or something (getting double the reading done. Just finished '1Q84: Book Three' and moving on to 'I Capture the Castle' this week) with coffee, 'cause I can). This was one of my more fun mornings :D haha
So now they're a mobile, which should look okay in my studio space next year :) it's not illustration but...mmm shush ^^
Completed when much too early for work one day. Whenever my fatherrrr who also works in Manchester decides to go work dead early, I give myself a minute...make that an hour...or so to read or draw or something (getting double the reading done. Just finished '1Q84: Book Three' and moving on to 'I Capture the Castle' this week) with coffee, 'cause I can). This was one of my more fun mornings :D haha
So now they're a mobile, which should look okay in my studio space next year :) it's not illustration but...mmm shush ^^
All going well. Studio Liddell still haven't fired me from my delicate position of student employee, and it seems I'll deffs be able to attend third year in September! Missing the Preston lot, megaaaa looking forward to seeing the good Rosie Vegro in Manchester this evening for the Nothing Sinister show.

No comments:
Post a Comment