Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Wood-Cut & Paper-Cut


The Invisible Cities tiles have a container!  I took my makeshift cardboard box down to woodwork, a mysterious section of the Victoria Building that I have previously steered clear of, due to my reasonable fear of heavy duty machinery and lack of the kind of macho-ness you expect to find there.  They kindly replaced it with a perfectly-fitted box out of spare MDF, and I love it more than life right now :3 not even bothered how silly that makes me sound! It might be painted, but I don't want to ruin it, so will give it some thought. The word 'cities' will needed to be added to the end there...apart from that will maybe just leave it.
So it's Halloween, which for my beliefs is a holiday I'm reluctant to celebrate.  But the draw to dress up was just too much XD so after a brief cosplay moment last night, I am spending the night indoors with the housies, my book and Minority Report. 
Should see about doing that presentation for Friday...will be on it as of tomorrow morning.
Also, me and Rosie ventured to Manchester Art Gallery on Saturday, here are some of the great pieces you can find there. But it's totally free and awe-inspiring to see in reality, so all should definitely definitely go.  It's called First Cut, and it's paper cutting artist pieces.  Completely insane.


Béatrice Coron


Andy Singleton


Peter Callesen





Rob Ryan


Justine Smith


David Risley


Andreas Kocks


Emma van Leest


No comments:

Post a Comment